Comic-Con 2018 Sneak Peek
It’s the biggest convention of the year—four and a half days of sweet, super hero bliss. Whether you’re looking for the biggest movies (like the upcoming Aquaman and Shazam), the most binge-worthy TV shows and comics, the toys and collectibles that you absolutely must have or just the most amazing cosplay on the planet, you’ll find it at San Diego Comic-Con.
WB TV's Class of 2018
Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) has unveiled its Comic-Con class of 2018, with 15 of the Studio’s fan-favorite series making their way to San Diego this week. Highlights include Comic-Con essentials Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Black Lightning, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Gotham, Riverdale, Supergirl and Supernatural. The world-premiere pilot screening of mysterious new drama Manifest will also take place at Comic-Con, plus a brand-new episode of WBTV’s fan-favorite series The 100, as well as the world premiere of season two of Freedom Fighters: The Ray.
Since Comic-Con will be packed full of exciting panels for these shows, it seems like the perfect moment to look at everything we know about their upcoming seasons. How will John Constantine stir things up on Legends of Tomorrow? Who are Arrow's Longbow Hunters? Will Jennifer Pierce suit up next season on Black Lightning? We don't have all the answers yet, but here's what we DO know...
Autograph signings for each series will take place in the Warner Bros. booth, #4545, the day of each panel. Note: WBTVG follows Comic-Con’s ticket drawing/wristband distribution procedure for all signings. For information on TV's panel sessions, signings and schedule of events, click here.
DC Comics @ SDCC
Once again, DC is going big, with a full slate of panels, talent signings and stage demonstrations, a handful of amazing premieres and thousands of amazing booth giveaways (DC booth #1915).
Offsite directly across the street from the San Diego Convention Center (401 K Street, San Diego, CA 92101), experience DC UNIVERSE, a first-of-its-kind digital subscription service designed especially for DC fans. Fans will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the DC Universe for the first time and literally walk through the originals, classics and comics soon to be available through the digital service.
Register now at DCUniverseExperience.com. Guests of the activation will interact with dozens of activities and installations including:
- Explore Dick Grayson’s Titans loft and uncover clues to his whereabouts
- Experience the mysterious creations of Dr. Niles Caulder in the Doom Patrol lab
- Avoid succumbing to the deadly virus in the mystical swamps of Swamp Thing
- Join earth’s newest superhero team in the Young Justice Watchtower
- Create mayhem in the Harley Quinn chaos room
- Step into the sewers with Batman and descend into madness in The Court of Owls
- Enjoy the first public unveiling of rare artwork and memorabilia only previously seen in exclusive engagements
- Discover hidden clues and get an exclusive first-look at the DC UNIVERSE digital subscription service
- And so much more…
Ready to enter @TheDCUniverse? Explore Dick Grayson's TITANS loft, create mayhem in the HARLEY QUINN chaos room and experience more incredible activations at San Diego Comic-Con! Head here for registration details and more: https://t.co/Xg7WdPOVQ7 #DCUxSDCC #DCSDCC pic.twitter.com/1DoFzsDctM— DC (@DCComics) July 10, 2018
Note: Signing up online in advance allows guests to streamline the onsite admission process. Pre-registration does not allow guests to reserve their spot or bypass the line. The activation will be open on a first-come, first-served basis.
For a full list of DC-related events during Comic-Con, click here.
As in years past, Warner Bros. will distribute the TV Guide Magazine special issue to fans for free at the Warner Bros. booth during Comic-Con (booth #4545), beginning on Preview Night, Wednesday, July 18th, and continuing through Sunday, July 22nd. Check out the four new special issue covers for Comic-Con International 2018:
For those unable to attend Comic-Con in person, all four collectible covers will be on sale at retailers nationwide from July 17th through October 16th. Purchase individual copies or the entire set via www.TVInsider.com/comicconmag2018. It’s also available for purchase on Amazon.com and BN.com, and digitally for the Amazon Kindle Fire, Barnes & Noble Nook, Google Play and Zinio.
Comic-Con's "It-Bag" will also be making a return as WB will provide the official bags of SDCC for the ninth year in a row. The SDCC bags will feature the following TV series and movies:
- Warner Bros. Television series Arrow, Black Lightning, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Krypton, Supergirl, Supernatural, and the highly anticipated upcoming Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for Netflix and Castle Rock for Hulu
- Warner Bros. Animation’s DC Super Hero Girls and Young Justice: Outsiders, along with Warner Bros. Animation/Blue Ribbon Content’s Constantine: City of Demons
- Upcoming feature films include Aquaman, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, The Meg and Teen Titans GO! to the Movies.
- DC Entertainment will be featured on two bags, with one bag celebrating 80 years of Superman in DC’s comic pages and another devoted to the upcoming DC UNIVERSE digital service.
For additional info on the Studio’s plans for Comic-Con and real-time updates during the convention, follow on Twitter @warnerbrostv, @DCComics and @TheDCUniverse, official hashtags #WBSDCC, #DCSDCC and #DCUxSDCC, or visit http://comiccon.thewb.com and https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/07/11/comic-con-international-san-diego-2018.