HBO Max is finally here.
WarnerMedia's highly anticipated streaming platform launched on May 27, featuring a leading collection of content curated from across WarnerMedia's legendary catalog and a roster of new Max Originals, plus fan-favorite acquired franchises and films.
With over 10,000 hours of premium content for just $14.99 a month, users can expect much from this new streaming experience. From the entire HBO service, movies and TV series from Warner Bros.' 100-year content collection, highlights from New Line, catalog titles from DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth and Looney Tunes Cartoons, a selection of classic films curated in partnership with TCM along with a monthly offering of new Max Originals, there is something for everyone.
"Today we are proud to introduce HBO Max – a dream that was created and nurtured by an incredible team of talented executives who dedicated the last year-and-a-half to making it a reality for consumers nationwide," said Bob Greenblatt, Chairman of WarnerMedia Entertainment and Direct-to-Consumer. "However, this is just the beginning of our journey. We will continue to innovate and evolve this one-of-a-kind platform that brings together beloved programming from across the WarnerMedia family and around the world, while also paving the way for the creative voices of tomorrow."
GETTING HBO MAX
If you're new to HBO Max, you can subscribe for HBO Max directly through HBOMax.com or other streaming platforms like AT&T, DIRECTV, U-Verse TV, Apple, Cox, Google Play, Hulu, Optimum, Samsung Smart TV, Spectrum, Suddenlink, Verizon Fios, YouTube TV, and select independent cable, broadband and telco providers through the NCTC, including WOW!, Atlantic Broadband, RCN and MCTV. See the full list of providers.
HBO Max is also available on Android and Apple devices, Chromecast, select Samsung Smart TVs (models 2016-2020), PlayStation 4 systems, and Xbox One. Please check the HBO Max "Help" page for updates as additional devices are added.
Viewers will see a sophisticated homepage, genre & category pages, editorialized landing pages, premium trays of curated content and HBO Max hubs which provide an easy on-ramp to discovery for brand-loyal viewers. Through Multi-User Profiles and features such as Continue Watching, My List and My Downloads, viewers will enjoy a customized and personalized viewing experience.
HBO Max is designed to serve the whole family, creating distinct experiences for younger viewers through parental controls, which can be set to customize the kids' experience and a PIN that can be set to "lock" kids into a walled garden experience. Content can also be downloaded to enjoy offline.
AVAILABLE FILMS AND TV SHOWS
HBO Max will feature a library of more than 2,000 films within the first year. Here are some of the list of titles available once you sign up:
HBO Max will include movies from The Lord of the Rings, Lego, A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, the Criterion Collection, Studio Ghibli movies, and via the HBO service - all eight Harry Potter films, the American Pie series and the Alien franchise at launch.
Other titles include:
- "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" (via HBO service)
- "Crazy Rich Asians" (via HBO service)
- "A Star is Born" (via HBO service)
- "Aquaman" (via HBO service)
- "Joker" (via HBO service)
- "Anastasia" (via HBO service)
- "Babe" (via HBO service)
- "Die Hard" (via HBO service)
- "The Flinstones" (via HBO service)
- "In Bruges" (via HBO service)
- "The Indian in the Cupboard" (via HBO service)
- "Jaws" (via HBO service)
- "Moulin Rouge!" (via HBO service)
- "Teen Witch" (via HBO service)
- "2001: A Space Odyssey"
- "An American in Paris"
- "Blood Diamond"
- "Friday the 13th"
- "Gone with the Wind"
- "A Hard Day's Night"
- "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"
- "North by Northwest"
- "Rebel Without a Cause"
- "Singin' in the Rain"
- "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"
- "The Wizard of Oz"
- "Citizen Kane"
Titles available throughout the first year of launch include the Lethal Weapon series, every DC film in the last decade and every Batman and Superman movie from the last 40 years. See more titles below:
- "Wonder Woman"
- "Justice League"
- "The Matrix"
- "The Goonies"
- "When Harry Met Sally"
- "Blade Runner: The Final Cut"
- "Monster Vs. Aliens"
- "V for Vendetta"
- "Love Life"
- "On the Record"
- "Looney Tunes Cartoons"
- "The Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo"
- "Karma" (Summer Release)
- "Doom Patrol: Season 2" (Summer Release)
- "Esme & Roy: Season 2" (Summer Release)
- "Search Party" (Summer Release)
- "Adventure Time: Distant Lands – BMO" (Summer Release)
- "Expecting Amy" (Summer Release)
- "Close Enough" (Summer Release)
- "Frayed" (Summer Release)
- "The Dog House" (Summer Release)
- "The House of Ho" (Summer Release)
- "Tig N' Seek" (Summer Release)
- "An American Pickle" (Summer Release)
- "Big Little Lies"
- "Game of Thrones"
- "Sex and the City"
- "The Wire"
- "Curb Your Enthusiasm"
- "The Jinx"
- "The Sopranos"
- "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver"
- "I May Destroy You" (available on June 7th)
- "Perry Mason" (available on June 21st)
- "I'll Be Gone in the Dark" (available on June 28th)
- "Room 104: Season 4" (available on June 24th)
- "Lovecraft Country" (premiering in August)
Check out the full list of movies and TV shows in the HBO Max Programming Overview.