“‘Friends’ Flyaway to New York” Sweepstakes Gives Fans a Chance to Win a Trip to Visit the Central Perk Pop-up Shop and Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Show’s Premiere
(September 15, 2014 – Burbank, CA) – “The One with the Free Trip to New York City.” What better way for fans to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the premiere of “Friends” than with their own friends on a free trip to New York City, including a visit to the Central Perk pop-up shop? Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution is sponsoring a national watch-and-win sweepstakes running September 15–26 for viewers of the Emmy-winning comedy (airing weekdays in national syndication, check local listings), giving fans across the country the chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Manhattan for the total “Friends” experience!
- The “‘Friends’ Flyaway to New York” Sweepstakes will offer one national grand prize as well as local grand-prize packages for viewers in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington (DC), Seattle, Tampa, Denver, Indianapolis, Milwaukee and Hartford.
- The national and local grand-prize packages all include a three-day, two-night trip to New York for the winner and a guest, with airfare and hotel accommodations, ground transportation to and from the airport, the “Friends” premium Blu-ray collection, 10 bags of Eight O’Clock Coffee, including the limited-edition Central Perk Roast (created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of “Friends” and served at the Central Perk pop-up shop), a Cuisinart Grind & Brew to brew it with, and more! (The New York winner will have two friends flown to New York.) All prizes also include a visit to the replica Central Perk pop-up store for a reception featuring a special appearance by James Michael Tyler, who played the coffee shop’s famously deadpan barista Gunther on “Friends.”
- To enter the contest, fans must watch “Friends” on local stations weekdays between September 15, 2014, and September 26, 2014. Each syndicated episode will feature a “Friend of the Day,” which must then be submitted via online or text entry (one entry per person, per day). Each qualifying entry will be eligible to win.
- For details and more information on the sweepstakes, please visit www.FriendsTV.com beginning Monday, September 15.
Central Perk Opens in Manhattan
- A trip to New York isn’t the only thing brewing this September! Warner Bros. Television Group, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Eight O’Clock Coffee (America’s Original Gourmet Coffee) have joined together to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the series premiere of “Friends” with a variety of unique experiences for fans and coffee lovers alike.
- Headlining the celebration is a pop-up replica of Central Perk, the neighborhood coffee shop frequented by the characters on the show, which will be serving free cups of Eight O’Clock Coffee — including their limited-edition Central Perk Roast, specially created for the occasion — to mark 20 years since the debut of the Emmy-winning comedy.
- The fully functioning pop-up Central Perk coffee bar will be located at 199 Lafayette Street (at the corner of Broome Street) in Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood. It will open its doors to the public on Wednesday, September 17, following a special media preview Monday and Tuesday, September 15–16, and will remain open through Saturday, October 18. The shop’s business hours are Mondays–Fridays, 8:00 am–8:00 pm, and Saturdays–Sundays, 10:00 am–8:00 pm.
- Fans of the long-running hit series can check out signature props from the show in the decorated storefront, relax on Central Perk’s iconic orange couch, order coffee off the famous Central Perk chalkboard or win prizes through fun and exciting in-store promotions.
- For more information about the Central Perk pop-up, visit http://www.eightoclock.com/friends or visit http://bit.ly/1p7s0KR.