(August 8, 2011 – Burbank, CA) – From Kevin Tancharoen – acclaimed director of “Mortal Kombat: Rebirth,” the viral sensation with 12 million YouTube hits – comes “Mortal Kombat: Legacy,” a must-see 9 episode anthology from Warner Premiere, arriving on Blu-ray November 8 from Warner Home Video. Created by a fan for the fans, the newest release lets the consumer dive deeper into the origins of one of the most enduring franchises in history and builds on the enormous success of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment game “Mortal Kombat,” which became available April 19 and marked a triumphant return to the series’ mature presentation and a reinvention of its classic 2D fighting mechanic. Fans, old and new, will get to see never-before-revealed storylines that deepen the mythology of the Mortal Kombat multi-verse. Realistic, gritty and violent, it’s what the Mortal Kombat fans have been asking for. “Mortal Kombat: Legacy” will be available for $19.98 SRP. Orders are due October 4, 2011. Featuring nine episodes, and set within the landscape of the popular video game, the live-action digital anthology explores the Mortal Kombat universe, providing insight into some of most iconic characters in video game history. “Mortal Kombat: Legacy” will include nearly 30 minutes of special features including new and never before seen featurettes, behind-the-scenes footage, and interviews with the cast and director. Special Features:
• “Mortal Kombat Legacy: Fights” – A look at the role “Fatalities” and hyper-violence play in the Mortal Kombat storytelling process. Included within the piece is a detailed exploration of the fights and stunts staged during the production of the web-series.
• “Mortal Kombat Legacy: Fan Made” – Go inside the mind of Mortal Kombat super fan Kevin Tancharoen and uncover his passion and vision that brought “Mortal Kombat: Legacy” to life.
• “Mortal Kombat Legacy: Expanding The Netherrealm” -- Multi-chapter documentary brings the Mortal Kombat universe to life. New!
• “Mortal Kombat: Mysticism” - Discover the powers that define the characters. New!
• “Mortal Kombat: Gear” - Explore all the weapons that make Mortal Kombat fighting unique. New!
• Episode 1: “Jax, Sonya and Kano (Part 1)” and Episode 2: “Jax, Sonya and Kano (Part 2)”
The story about how special forces ops track down notorious criminals from The Black Dragon Gang, Kano and Kabal. After an intense chase and battle, they manage to capture Kabal, who offers to help them track down Kano and the rest of the Black Dragons in exchange for his freedom. • Episode 3: “Johnny Cage”
Once a Hollywood action superstar, Cage’s star has faded. While devising a plan to revive his own career, he learns about the Mortal Kombat tournament and decides to participate in order to prove himself. • Episode 4: “Kitana & Mileena (Part 1)” and Episode 5: “Kitana & Mileena (Part 2)”
After living her life as Shao Khan’s daughter and personal assassin, Kitana (along with her sister Mileena) discovers the truth about her past. She learns she is actually the daughter of Edenia’s King Jerrod and Queen Sindel, and was taken as Shao Kahn’s own after her real father was murdered by Khan. She also discovers that Mileena is not her actual sister but a grotesque clone created by Shang Tsung. Furious after learning the truth, Kitana vows to overthrow Shao Kahn and enters the tournament. • Episode 6: “Raiden”
An alternate universe reality depiction of how Raiden, the protector of Earthrealm, finds himself confined on Earth. Weakened and without his powers, he must fight to escape. • Episode 7: “Scorpion and Sub Zero (Part 1)” and Episode 8: “Scorpion and Sub Zero (Part 2)”
Witness the birth of this iconic rivalry as we see Sub Zero murder Hanzo Haashi and his entire clan of the Shirai Ryu. Thirsty for revenge, Hanzo makes a deal with Netherealm to enter the Mortal Kombat tournament as a dead warrior under the code name: Scorpion. • Episode 9: "Cyrax and Sektor"
Witness these two Lin Kuei assassins volunteering for the Cyber Initiative, turning them into deadly cyborgs programmed to kill Sub Zero.