ACCLAIMED COMEDY HITMAKER CHUCK LORRE PENS
HIS LANDMARK 600TH VANITY CARDS
Twitter Pitch: Comedy hitmaker Chuck Lorre celebrates 600th vanity card with two new versions this week; one airs after @BigBangTheory and another after @YoungSheldon & @MomCBS. Check them out here: https://bit.ly/2DacyA3
- Legendary writer/producer Chuck Lorre — co-creator and executive producer of hit CBS comedies The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon and Mom, as well as the upcoming Netflix comedy The Kominsky Method — is well-known for expressing his thoughts and views through personal messages in the split-second vanity cards which appear at the end of his shows.
- Tonight, Thursday, November 8, following the CBS telecasts of The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon and Mom, Lorre celebrates the landmark 600th edition of his irreverent and sometimes controversial end-of-show vanity cards.
- Two versions of the 600th edition of Lorre’s end-of-show vanity cards will air on Thursday, November 8: version 600A after The Big Bang Theory and version 600B, which will air after both Young Sheldon & Mom.
- The cards can be viewed here: https://bit.ly/2DacyA3
- For more than 20 years, and on his six popular broadcast sitcoms — The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, Mom, Young Sheldon, Mike & Molly and Dharma & Greg — Lorre has devoted exactly one second of airtime per show to expressing his deepest thoughts at the end of the credits on his now-infamous vanity cards. The entire collection can be viewed online at www.chucklorre.com.
- Lorre compiled select cards into a book, released in 2012, titled What Doesn’t Kill Us Makes Us Bitter. All of Lorre’s proceeds from the sale of the book benefited many health care–related charities and educational efforts, including the Venice Family Clinic.
- In its 12th and final season, The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS. Young Sheldon, currently in its second season, airs Thursdays at 8:30/7:30c on CBS. Mom, now in its sixth season, airs Thursdays at 9/8c on CBS. And The Kominsky Method premieres on Friday, November 16, on Netflix.
# # #
(818) 954-5062, Jeff.Tobler@warnerbros.com
(818) 954-7668, Marc.Klein@warnerbros.com