(September 15, 2014 – Burbank, CA) – Batman returns to Gotham as DC Entertainment (DCE) celebrates his 75th Anniversary beginning October 9 at New York Comic Con. Festivities include an impressive booth and an all-star panel line-up in celebration of The Dark Knight. DCE’s panels will dive into bestselling titles, offer exciting new announcements and highlight new creative teams and brand new Gotham-based series.
- A multi-faceted booth presence featuring Batman costumes worn by Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale, and a very special cape and cowl from “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” director Zack Snyder. The booth will also include a Batman memorial statue that appeared in “The Dark Knight Rises” and video game kiosks featuring Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment games “LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham” and “Infinite Crisis.”
- A highlight of DCE’s activities at New York Comic Con will be a must-see “Batman 75th Anniversary” panel that gathers renowned Batman talent for an in-depth discussion. On hand to celebrate the World’s Greatest Detective will be famous Batman artist Jim Lee (“Batman: Hush”), DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns (“Batman: Earth One”), bestselling “Batman” creative team, writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo, superstar Batman artist Neal Adams and the “voice of Batman” Kevin Conroy (“Batman: The Animated Series,” “Batman: Arkham Knight”). Saturday 2pm Empire Stage 1-E
- The future of Gotham begins this October and the “Batman: Gotham Rising” panel will herald in a collection of writers and artists to discuss Batman’s next 75 years, including the debut of “Batgirl’s” new look, along with the debut of new series “Gotham Academy,” “Arkham Manor” and “Gotham By Midnight,” and a new storyline from the bestselling “Batman” series, and hit titles “Catwoman,” “Robin Rises,” and “Grayson.” Friday 3:15pm Empire Stage 1-E
- Get an inside look at some of the amazing work from DCE’s female creatives at the “Women Of DC Entertainment” panel which will include “Joker’s Daughter” writer Marguerite Bennett, new series “Gotham Academy” writer Becky Cloonan, “Harley Quinn” writer/artist Amanda Conner, “Wonder Woman” writer Meredith Finch, “Coffin Hill” writer Caitlin Kittredge, “Secret Six” writer Gail Simone, and new “Batgirl” artist Babs Tarr. Saturday 6:15pm Room Room 1A06
- Join the heroes of DC Comics – The New 52 at the “Champions of Justice” panel which will include “Justice League” writer Geoff Johns, “Wonder Woman” artist David Finch, “Star Spangled War Stories” writer Jimmy Palmiotti, “Constantine” writer Ray Fawkes, “Deathstroke” writer and artist Tony Daniel, “Lobo” artist Aaron Kuder, “Grayson” writer Tim Seeley and artist Tom King, “Batman/ Superman” writer Greg Pak, and “Secret Origins” writer Paul Levitz. Saturday 4:15pm Room 1A06
- Get your download on the latest “DC Digital” titles from new series including “Arrow: Season 2.5,” “The Flash: Season Zero,” “Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman,” as well as “Injustice” and “Smallville.” You won’t want to miss sneak peeks and exciting news about what’s on the horizon for the digital slate. Panelists include Marc Guggenheim, Bruno Redondo, Marc Andreyko, Shawn Kittlesen, and Bryan Q. Miller. Sunday 2:00pm Room 1A21
- Unlock the secrets behind the hugely anticipated new storyline at the “Green Lantern: Godhead Begins!” panel, featuring a star-studded collection of talent including Van Jensen (“Green Lantern Corps”), Justin Jordan (“Green Lantern: New Guardians”), Robert Venditti (“Green Lantern”) and Brad Walker (“Green Lantern: New Guardians”). Friday 1:15 pm Room Room 1A06
- Get an inside look at Vertigo’s genre-defying titles at the “Vertigo: Defy Conventions” which will amaze with trend-setting comics and top-notch talent. Plus be there for sneak peeks at what’s to come from the imprint that consistently defies expectations. Friday 5:15pm Room Room 1A06
- “Mad About MAD” – MAD Magazine presents the latest from the Usual Gang Of Idiots in this hilarious, must-see panel! Thursday 6:15pm Room 1A24
- Fans will be able to pick up exciting New York Comic Con exclusives including variant cover editions of “The Multiversity #1,” “Batman #35,” “Batgirl #35,” and two editions of “Harley Quinn: Futures End #1” – “Love It” and “Hate It.”
Can’t make the Con? DC Entertainment’s website is the go-to place for behind the scenes coverage and in-depth interviews.
Download the DC Entertainment Events App on Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store to stay up to speed on all DC Entertainment signings and panels at San Diego Comic-Con.
About DC Entertainment:
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.