(October 3, 2018 – New York, NY) – DC Universe surprised fans tonight with a pair of “Doom Patrol” and “Harley Quinn” announcements during the world premiere screening of Warner Bros. Television’s highly anticipated action-drama “Titans” at New York Comic Con (NYCC). “Doom Patrol’s” Brendan Fraser and “The Big Bang Theory’s” Kaley Cuoco made special appearances to reveal some exciting casting news and to unveil a first look at Warner Bros. Animation’s upcoming series “Harley Quinn.” “Titans” debuts October 12, 2018, on the DC Universe digital subscription service, with new episodes unveiled each Friday.
- Prior to the “Titans” world premiere, Brendan Fraser (“Crash,” “The Mummy,” “Gods and Monsters”) took to the stage to share some updates directly from the set of “Doom Patrol.” Fraser is starring in the series as the voice of Robotman, and he will also portray Cliff Steele in flashback scenes.
- Fraser revealed that Matt Bomer (“White Collar,” “American Horror Story,” “The Normal Heart”) has also joined the “Doom Patrol” team. Bomer will provide the voiceover performance for the character of Negative Man, and he will also appear as Larry Trainor in flashback scenes. Bomer further surprised fans with a special video greeting from the Atlanta-based set, exclusively for those in attendance at NYCC.
- Matthew Zuk has been cast in the role of Negative Man, and he will provide the physical performance of the character on set in costume. (Riley Shanahan was previously announced as the actor providing the physical performance of Robotman in costume.)
- In addition to Fraser and Bomer, “Doom Patrol” stars Joivan Wade as Victor Stone/Cyborg, Timothy Dalton as Niles Caulder/The Chief, April Bowlby as Elasti-Woman, Diane Guerrero as Crazy Jane and Alan Tudyk as Mr. Nobody.
- Warner Bros. Animation then unveiled a first look at the upcoming animated “Harley Quinn” series with a special video created specifically for NYCC.
- Immediately following the video, the new voice of Gotham’s criminal Queenpin Harley Quinn was revealed, as “The Big Bang Theory’s” Kaley Cuoco took the stage. A beloved presence at any Comic Con for her role in “The Big Bang Theory,” Cuoco delighted fans with the news of her taking on the role of the madcap Ms. Quinn.
- Cuoco leads a strong voice cast which include comedic talents such as Lake Bell (“In a World…,” “Wet Hot American Summer” series, “Childrens Hospital”), Alan Tudyk (“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”), Ron Funches (“Powerless”), JB Smoove (“Curb Your Enthusiasm”), Jason Alexander (“Seinfeld”), Wanda Sykes (“Black-ish”), Giancarlo Esposito (“Breaking Bad”), Natalie Morales (“Bojack Horseman”), Jim Rash (“Mike Tyson Mysteries”), Diedrich Bader (“Veep”), Tony Hale (“Arrested Development,” “Veep”), Chris Meloni (“Happy!,” “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”).
- In addition to voicing the role of Harley Quinn, Cuoco is also an executive producer on the series through her Yes, Norman Productions, serving alongside Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey.
# # #