Scheduled to air as an episode within “Supernatural’s “13th season, “Wayward Sisters” is written by Andrew Dabb and Robert Berens, who will executive produce along with Robert Singer and Phil Sgriccia. Centered on the character of Sheriff Jody Mills and a group of troubled young women — all orphaned by supernatural tragedy — these “wayward sisters” emerge as a formidable force against the supernatural, under Mills’s training and protection.
• Leading the group is Sioux Falls Sheriff Jody Mills (Kim Rhodes – “Colony,” “Kings of Con”), an associate of Bobby Singer, who has grown to be one of Sam and Dean Winchester’s most trusted friends and allies. A foster mother to Claire Novak, Alex Jones and new character Patience Turner, Jody’s greatest challenge will be to prepare them for the battles ahead.
• Lending Jody a hand will be series fan-favorite Sheriff Donna Hanscum (Briana Buckmaster – “Arrow,” “Frequency”), a relative novice to the hunter’s life, but a close friend who Jody can confide in.
• Claire Novak (Kathryn Newton – “Big Little Lies,” “Manchester by the Sea”) was introduced to the supernatural world when her father became the vessel for the angel Castiel (series star Misha Collins). Now, a gifted hunter, she lives with Jody, but struggles against her rules.
• Also taken in under Jody’s wing, Alex Jones (Katherine Ramdeen – “The Tall Man,” “Almost Human”) was rescued by the Winchesters from a family of vampires who used her as a lure for unsuspecting humans. Traumatized by the violence, she has resolved not to hunt…until a threat emerges in Sioux Falls that threatens her new family.
• A new member of the Wayward Sisterhood is the character Patience Turner (Clark Backo – “Designated Survivor”), a high school over-achiever whose life is turned upside down when she discovers she’s a powerful psychic, a gift she inherited from her estranged grandmother (and season one “Supernatural” character) Missouri Moseley. Hunted by dark forces for her power, Patience finds refuge with Jody and her wayward family.
• In addition to the “Wayward Sisters” casting, it was also announced that Lawrence, Kansas psychic Missouri Moseley (played by Loretta Devine – “The Carmichael Show”), who made a memorable appearance as a Winchester family friend in the season one episode “Home,” will also return to “Supernatural” this season, in an episode to be announced later.
“Supernatural” returns for its 13th season on Thursday, October 12, in a new time period (8/7c) on The CW. Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles star as Sam and Dean Winchester. Misha Collins also stars as the angel Castiel, alongside Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer and Alexander Calvert as his son, Jack. Created by Eric Kripke, the series is executive produced by Andrew Dabb, Robert Singer, Phil Sgriccia, Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Leming. The series is from Kripke Enterprises Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television.