(October 15, 2018 – Los Angeles, CA)
- Jack Bannon has been cast in the lead role of Alfred Pennyworth in the upcoming EPIX drama series “Pennyworth,” from Warner Horizon Scripted Television and based on the characters from DC.
- The 10-episode, one-hour drama series is based on DC characters created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger. It follows Bruce Wayne’s legendary butler, Alfred Pennyworth, a former British SAS soldier in his 20s, who forms a security company and goes to work with a young billionaire Thomas Wayne, who’s not yet Bruce’s father, in 1960s London.
- Alfred Pennyworth is a boyishly handsome, cheerful, charming, clever young man from London. Honest, open-faced and witty; you'd never take him for an SAS killer. Alfred doesn't know how to reconcile the kind-hearted boy he used to be with the cold, calculated killer he was forced to become. He's a man on the make, who doesn't know what to make of himself yet.
- Production on the series will begin Monday, October 22, 2018, at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden in the UK.
- Bannon previously appeared in “The Imitation Game” and “Ripper Street.”
- “Pennyworth” is from executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (“Gotham,” “The Mentalist,” “Rome”) and executive producer/director Danny Cannon (“Gotham,” “CSI” series)
- EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises – all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including "Get Shorty" starring Chris O’Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers “Berlin Station” and “Deep State,” the return of Mark Burnett’s boxing competition series “The Contender” and late night stand-up comedy series “Unprotected Sets” from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series “Godfather of Harlem” starring Forest Whitaker, “Pennyworth,” the origin story of Batman’s butler Alfred, from DC and Warner Horizon Scripted Television, and “Our Lady, LTD” starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
- A division of the Warner Bros. Television Group, Warner Horizon Scripted Television was founded in 2006 and is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of dramatic and comedic programming for the cable and subscription/on-demand marketplace. Series produced by Warner Horizon Scripted Television include “Animal Kingdom” and “Claws” for TNT; “David Makes Man,” “Love Is___” and “Queen Sugar” for OWN; “Fuller House” for Netflix; “Krypton” for SYFY; “Pennyworth” for EPIX; “Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists” for Freeform; and “You” for Lifetime.
# # #