(July 22, 2014 – Burbank, CA) – With Comic-Con 2014 only days away, the behind-the-scenes team at the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) is working its magic creating another must-see environment, including a 4D immersive Oculus Rift experience allowing fans into the heart-stopping excitement of Warner Bros. upcoming “Into the Storm” film (unleashed on August 8, 2014); an epic-sized LEGO Smaug, the legendary dragon from Warner Bros. trilogy of “The Hobbit” films; a personal appearance by some of “Sesame Street’s” most familiar faces; and an exclusive Soft Kitty giveaway for fans of “The Big Bang Theory,” only in San Diego. Always a destination for Comic-Con fans, the Warner Bros. booth will be a constant flux of activity, including giveaways, autograph signings and more.
For a closer look at this year’s Warner Bros. booth activities, read on:
“Into The Storm”: The 4D Oculus Rift Experience
• Prepare to go #IntoTheStorm with an intense experiential booth featuring a 4D immersive Oculus Rift experience that puts fans directly into a recreated scene from the upcoming tornado survival film.
• Releasing on August 8, “Into the Storm,” from New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, stars Richard Armitage (“The Hobbit” films), Sarah Wayne Callies (“The Walking Dead”), Matt Walsh (“Ted”), Alycia Debnam-Carey (“Where the Devil Hides”) and Arlen Escarpeta (“Final Destination 5”).
• In the span of a single day, the town of Silverton is ravaged by an unprecedented onslaught of tornadoes. The entire town is at the mercy of the erratic and deadly cyclones, even as storm trackers predict the worst is yet to come. Most people seek shelter, while others run towards the vortex, testing how far a storm chaser will go for that once-in-a-lifetime shot. Told through the eyes and lenses of professional storm chasers, thrill-seeking amateurs, and courageous townspeople, “Into the Storm” throws viewers directly into the eye of the storm to experience Mother Nature at her most extreme.
• Fans who survive the storm will have their reactions to the experience captured on camera, and once they exit the booth, they will be able to immediately share their experience from a social wall on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and YouTube.
Find Yourself Face to Face with Smaug
• The creative MasterBuilders at The LEGO Group are at it again with a Comic-Con exclusive: a life-sized recreation of the legendary Dragon Smaug (that’s “human” life-sized vs. “dragon” life-sized), from “The Hobbit” Trilogy.
• Standing at more than six feet tall and weighing in excess of 400 pounds, the large-scale dragon is constructed from 83,433 LEGO bricks and took over 625 hours to design and build. Featuring a (to Dragon scale) Hobbit-sized Bilbo Baggins and shining Arkenstone, the epic LEGO Smaug stands guard at the Warner Bros. booth!
• This December, Oscar-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson will unleash the epic final film in “The Hobbit” Trilogy, based on the timeless masterpiece by J.R.R. Tolkien, from New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures. In “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” Bilbo’s journey culminates in a desperate and dangerous choice as darkness converges on the Lonely Mountain and the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must decide — unite or be destroyed. Ian McKellen returns as Gandalf the Grey, with Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, and Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield. The ensemble cast is led by Evangeline Lilly, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ken Stott, James Nesbitt, with Cate Blanchett, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving, and Orlando Bloom.
Muppets Take San Diego!
• In celebration of its upcoming 45th season, “Sesame Street” is sending a Muppet delegation to the Con for a Meet & Greet on Sunday, July 27th from 2:00–3:00 p.m. at the Warner Bros Booth.
• Fans of all ages will have the chance to meet Cookie Monster, Bert, Grover and Murray Monster and their performers in a one-of-a-kind get together at the Warner Bros. booth.
• In addition, the first 100 fans will walk away with the latest “Sesame Street” and Warner Bros. DVD – “Learning Rocks!”
The Cat’s Out of the Bag!
Comic-Con Exclusive: Soft Kitty Preview Game Piece from Monopoly “The Big Bang Theory” Edition Game
• The cat’s out of the bag — and can be found at the Warner Bros. booth!
• In a Comic-Con exclusive, Warner Bros. is offering fans of hit comedy “The Big Bang Theory” the chance to get their hands on a Soft Kitty preview game piece from the MONOPOLY: “The Big Bang Theory” edition game, which will be available at retailers nationwide next month.
• Available only at Comic-Con and not included in the actual game, a limited number of the Soft Kitty mover tokens will be distributed at the Warner Bros. booth Wednesday, July 23–Sunday, July 27. In-the-know fans can ask for the token at the redemption window at the booth.
Stars & Signings and More!
• From Thursday through Sunday, a cavalcade of talent — including producers and stars from Warner Bros. Television shows, HBO, Warner Bros. Animation, Warner Home Entertainment and Warner Bros. Pictures — will be signing for fans at the Warner Bros. booth. Talent to be announced. The signing schedule is as follows:
• Thursday, July 24, 2014
o 3:30pm-4:00pm “Into the Storm”
o 4:45pm-5:30pm “Childrens Hospital”
• Friday, July 25, 2014
o 10:15am-11:00am “iZOMBIE”
o 11:45am-12:30pm “The Originals”
o 2:15pm-2:45pm “The 100”
o 3:30pm-4:30pm “Game of Thrones”
o 5:00pm-5:45pm “Mike Tyson Mysteries”
o 5:30pm-6:30pm “Batman: Assault on Arkham”
o 6:15pm-6:45pm “Banshee”
• Saturday, July 26, 2014
o 11:15am-11:45am “Mad Max: Fury Road”
o 11:45am-12:30pm “Arrow”
o 12:30pm-1:00pm “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”
o 1:30pm-2:00pm “Constantine”
o 2:00pm-3:00pm “True Blood”
o 2:45pm-3:30pm “The Vampire Diaries”
o 4:00pm-4:45pm “Gotham”
o 5:00pm-5:45pm “Person of Interest”
o 5:45pm-6:15pm “The Flash”
• Sunday, July 27, 2014
o 10:30am-11:15am “Teen Titans Go!”
o 11:30am-12:15pm “Supernatural”
o 12:00pm-12:45pm “Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy”
o 12:30pm-1:15pm “The Following”
o 12:45pm-1:15pm “Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon”
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit comiccon.thewb.com and follow @warnerbrostv on Twitter (hashtag #WBSDCC)