(July 11, 2013 – Burbank, CA) – It’s a backpack. It’s a cape. It’s a backpack with a cape! Warner Bros. Entertainment will once again sponsor the official bag at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013, to be distributed to fans when checking in at the Con, the Studio announced today. This marks the fourth year that Warner Bros. and Comic-Con have joined forces to produce and distribute what Entertainment Weekly once called the convention’s “ubiquitous accessory,” ensuring that attendees have a unique keepsake from the world’s leading pop culture convention. Plus, for fans in San Diego who forgot their costumes, the “must-have” bag (according to Deadline Hollywood) not only lets attendees tote copious amounts of swag, but they can also flaunt their super hero side with the backpack’s detachable cape!
• More than 130,000 of the bags have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees throughout the convention.
• The all-new 2013 edition is fashioned as a backpack and features a built-in cape — to assist the super hero in all of us race to panels, of course. The detachable cape can be worn separately, as can the backpack.
• To download images of the TV series bags — and the capes! — as well as the official Comic-Con 2013 artwork side, visit: http://bit.ly/12H1gXG
• Each of the bags, designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, feature double-sided artwork, with the all-new Comic-Con 2013 official design on one side and the other side highlighting titles from the Studio’s TV series, theatrical motion pictures and original animated movies.
• The television show titles are “Arrow,” “The Big Bang Theory,” “The Following,” “Revolution,” “Supernatural,” “Teen Titans Go!” (with “Beware the Batman” cape!) and “The Vampire Diaries.”
• Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s DC Universe Original Animated Movie “Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox” will be featured, as will the classic “Batman” TV series.
• Attendees can also tote their swag in bags featuring artwork from the forthcoming motion pictures “Godzilla,” “The LEGO Movie” and “300: Rise of an Empire.”