(July 2, 2012 – Burbank, CA) – For the first time ever, Warner Bros. Entertainment will present “Extra” at Comic-Con, a free outdoor entertainment festival happening in San Diego’s Bayfront Park July 12–14 during Comic-Con International: San Diego. Bayfront Park is located between the San Diego Convention Center and the Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel.
• Located just steps from the Convention Center, “Extra” at Comic-Con will be a live, multi-day entertainment experience capturing all the excitement of the Studio’s fan-facing properties: From “The Lord of the Rings” to the DC Universe, they’re all here!
• To download “Extra” at Comic-Con artwork, click here: http://bit.ly/M0wdxR
• Stars from “The Big Bang Theory,” “Fringe,” “The Vampire Diaries” and more will appear live on the “Extra” stage to tape interviews with Extra’s on-camera hosts
• Warner Bros. will also distribute the studio’s Comic-Con special edition of “TV Guide Magazine” — with four sets of collectible flip covers featuring the casts of “The Big Bang Theory,” “Fringe,” “Supernatural” and “The Vampire Diaries” — at the “Extra” stage
• A full live event schedule will be posted at the “Extra” stage and online at www.thewb.com/comiccon
• Adam West’s 1955 Lincoln Futura. Designed by George Barris, this original Batmobile was featured in the cult classic television series and 1966’s “Batman, the Movie.”
• Michael Keaton’s Batmobile from 1989’s “Batman” and 1992’s “Batman Returns.” Sleek and powerful with a central turbine, the vehicles’ slightly retro design followed Tim Burton’s art deco look of the films.
• Revamped for Joel Schumacher’s 1995 “Batman Forever,” with bat-lighting and extended fins, Val Kilmer’s hot rod had the ability to drive up walls.
• Schumacher updated the Batmobile once again for George Clooney in 1997’s “Batman & Robin.” At 33 feet long and a top speed of 350 mph with afterburner thrust, this was the largest and fastest Batmobile on the road.
• The Tumbler designed for Christopher Nolan’s 2005 “Batman Begins” and 2008’s “The Dark Knight” is the prototype military vehicle designed by the character Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman).
• The unveiling of the replacement Camouflage Tumbler, to be seen in 2012’s “The Dark Knight Rises,” in theaters and IMAX July 20.
• Fans can play hands-on with new video game “Guardians of Middle-earth” as characters including Gandalf, Sauron, Gollum, Thrain, Galadriel, Legolas and many more. This new multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game allows up to 10 players to engage in competitive matches. The game includes tie-ins with “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” film. Tournaments will take place each evening, with prizes including custom-painted video game console systems and high-end gaming audio gear.
• LEGO “The Lord of the Rings: 3D Street Art.” From the creative minds at Planet Streetpainting comes a one-of-a-kind, LEGO “The Lord of the Rings”–inspired 3D street art design that will be created and on display for fans of all ages over the course of three days, July 13–15. Stop by each day and watch the artwork unfold!