(September 18, 2014 – Burbank, CA) – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced details of five new Blu-ray anniversary titles, the first to be released as the studio’s distinctive new sleek Diamond Luxe Editions: “The Green Mile 15th Anniversary Edition,” “Natural Born Killers 20th Anniversary Edition,” “Forrest Gump 20th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition,” “Gremlins: 30th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition” and “Ben-Hur: Two-Disc Blu-ray with Bonus Special Features Disc.”
The five titles ($24.98 SRP each) will have new and/or several vintage bonus features as outlined below.
“The Green Mile 15th Anniversary Edition” Blu-ray
Nominated for four Academy Awards including Best Picture, Frank Darabont’s “The Green Mile” was adapted from Stephen King’s 1996 best-seller. The two-disc set will include vintage bonus features plus a new high-def documentary feature, “Walking the Mile” (Extended Version) with star Tom Hanks, Darabont, Stephen King and Mr. Jingles the mouse. This exclusive first-person making-of documentary feature was shot on location in Tennessee, North Carolina and Los Angeles.
• “Walking the Mile” (Extended Version) NEW! High-def documentary feature starring Tom Hanks, Frank Darabont, Stephen King, and Mr. Jingles, the mouse
• Commentary by Frank Darabont
• The Teaser Trailer: A Case Study
• “Walking the Mile: The Making of The Green Mile”
• “Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- Stephen King: Storyteller”
• “Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- The Art of Adaptation”
• “Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- Acting on the Mile”
• “Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- Designing the Mile”
• “Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- The Magic of the Mile”
• “Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- The Tail of Mr. Jingles”
• Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Frank Darabont
• Michael Clarke Duncan's Screen Test
• Tom Hank's Makeup Test
“Natural Born Killers 20th Anniversary Edition” Blu-ray
This 1994 Venice Film Festival winner captures Oliver’s Stone’s hallucinogenic ride through the minds and exploits of two cold-blooded lovers (Woody Harrelson and Juliette Lewis), and is a powerful, gut-grabbing look at how violence and crime are sensationalized and glamorized in the media.
This anniversary edition will contain two versions of the film (Theatrical version and Director’s Cut), and a new high-def featurette “Natural Born Killers: Method in the Madness,” a rare glimpse provided by director Stone, editor Hank Corwin and technical advisor Dale Dye into the creative process that gave birth to this provocative, unapologetically violent piece of American cinema.
• “Natural Born Killers: Method in the Madness” NEW! High-def featurette with Oliver Stone, editor Hank Corwin and technical advisor Dale Dye
• Commentaries by Oliver Stone (Theatrical version and Director’s Cut)
• Introduction by Oliver Stone (2009)
• “Natural Born Killers Evolution: How Would It All Go Down Now?”
• “Chaos Rising: The Storm Around Natural Born Killers”
• "The Charlie Rose Show"
• Alternate Ending With Optional Commentary by Oliver Stone
• Alternate Ending
• Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Oliver Stone
“Forest Gump 20th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition” Blu-ray
“Forrest Gump” is the movie triumph that became a phenomenon. Tom Hanks gives an astonishing performance as Forrest, an everyman whose simple innocence comes to embody a generation. The winner of six Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director (Robert Zemeckis) and Best Actor (Tom Hanks).
• “Greenbow Diary” (HD)
• “The Art of Screenplay Adaptation” (HD)
• “Little Forrest” (HD)
• “An Evening with Forrest Gump” (HD)
• “Easter Egg: Groom on Gump” (HD)
• “The Make-up of Forrest Gump”
• “Through the Ears of Forrest Gump – Sound Design”
• “Building The World of Forrest Gump”
• “Seeing is Believing – The Visual Effects of Forrest Gump”
• Screen Tests
• Theatrical Trailer (HD)
• Remember Trailer (HD)
“Gremlins: 30th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition” Blu-ray
“Gremlins,” written by Chris Columbus and directed by Joe Dante, is a wildly original roller-coaster about supposedly gentle furballs who create their own rules about their care and feeding. Michael Finnell produced and Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Steven Spielberg executive produced.
• “From Gizmo to Gremlins: Creating the Creatures” (NEW!) Special effects wizard Chris Walas plus the filmmakers and cast guide us through the art of creating “Gremlins” Gizmo and Stripe, how the puppets worked (or didn’t!) and how their voices came to be.
• “Cute. Clever. Mischievous. Intelligent. Dangerous: Making Gremlins” (NEW!) Steven Spielberg tells how he found the screenplay for “Gremlins” and why it was perfect for his then-new company Amblin Entertainment. Dante, Marshall and Finnell also participate.
• Motion Comic of the 1984 Book "Gremlins: The Gift of the Mogwai" (NEW!)
• Motion Comic of the 1984 Book "The Last Gremlin" (NEW!)
• “Hangin' With Hoyt on the Set of Gremlins” (NEW!)
“Ben-Hur: Two Disc Blu-ray with Bonus Special Features Disc”
William Wyler’s unforgettable epic spectacle, full of visual splendor, thundering action and towering drama, won a record-setting 11 Academy Awards (1959) including Best Motion Picture, Best Actor and Best Director. Charlton Heston, in his Best Actor Oscar-winning role, is Judah Ben-Hur, a Jewish nobleman in Palestine whose heroic odyssey includes enslavement by the Romans, vengeance against his tormentors during a furious arena chariot race and fateful encounters with Jesus Christ. Truly an enduring and spellbinding spectacular.
• Commentary by film historian T. Gene Hatcher and Charlton Heston
• Feature Length Documentary: “Charlton Heston & Ben-Hur: A Personal Journey” - Retrospective on the “Ben-Hur” star, written and directed by his son Fraser C. Heston, featuring never-before-available images and footage from the Heston family archives
• The 1925 Silent Version – Thames Television
• Restoration with Stereophonic Orchestral Score by Carl Davis
• Vintage Documentaries “Ben-Hur: The Epic That Changed Cinema” and “Ben-Hur: The Making of an Epic”
• “Ben-Hur: A Journey Through Pictures” – Audiovisual Recreation Via Stills, Storyboards, Sketches, Music and Dialogue
• Screen Tests
• Highlights from the 1960 Academy Awards Telecast
Note: All enhanced content listed above is subject to change.
Academy Awards and Oscar are both registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray and the logos are the trademarks of Blu-ray Disc Association.
Warner Home Video Blu-ray Discs offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The format also provides a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.
About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.:
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees, as well as directly to consumers through WBShop.com and WBUltra.