(Burbank, CA – March 8, 2012) – Who needs physics to figure out this equation? Funny plus smart equals a multiplatform hit! Fans of the Warner Bros. Television comedy “The Big Bang Theory” (Thursdays 8/7c on CBS) are showing their love on interactive entertainment site GetGlue.com, with the show ranking as the most popular series on the site, as well as the fastest-growing. Recent statistics show that “The Big Bang Theory,” which airs weekly on CBS and five nights a week in syndication, has just passed two million check-ins — the first show to hit that milestone on GetGlue.com, doubling its number of check-ins since reaching the one million mark in late November 2011.
# # #
• At the time of this release, viewers of “The Big Bang Theory” have checked-in over two million times — the highest number of check-ins of any show on GetGlue.com
• Additionally, the series has over 235,000 “likes,” with numbers steadily climbing
• Among the stickers fans can unlock on GetGlue are portraits of the characters Penny, Leonard, Sheldon, Raj and Howard; fans are also rewarded with a Mystic Warlords of Ka’a sticker or one bearing the Bang-friendly burn: “Bazinga!”
• And when fans of “The Big Bang Theory” check in to GetGlue.com, they’ll unlock a sticker giving them 20% off at The Comic Center of Pasadena (code: GetGlue), an e-commerce site with fan-favorite gear and apparel
• To download GetGlue stickers for “The Big Bang Theory,” go to: http://bit.ly/ytW9xl.