(June 29, 2011 – Burbank, CA) – Warner Bros. Entertainment is throwing a key party at Comic-Con! The Studio has once again created a set of limited-edition collectible hotel keycards, which will be in use at top hotels throughout the San Diego area during the ’Con. This marks the fourth consecutive year for the popular room key program. Nearly 40,000 branded room keys will be available to fans at 36 participating hotels, courtesy of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing. For Comic-Con 2011, Warner Bros. has created all-new keycards for five of the Studio’s series, video games and home entertainment releases, including:
• The upcoming new Warner Bros. Television series “Alcatraz” and “Person of Interest”
• Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group’s DVD release of “Smallville: The Complete Series”
• The original live-action new media series “Mortal Kombat: Legacy,” from Warner Premiere and Warner Bros. Digital Distribution
• Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s “The Lord of the Rings: War in the North” video game, with instructions on how fans can register to experience a special event at 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 23, at 5th Avenue and J Street in the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter
• “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams (“Super 8,” “Fringe”) and Elizabeth Sarnoff (“Lost”) deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists. The series stars Sarah Jones (“Sons of Anarchy”), Jorge Garcia (“Lost”) and Sam Neill (“Jurassic Park”). “Alcatraz” will debut in midseason, airing Mondays 9/8c on FOX.
• “Person of Interest”: Jim Caviezel (“The Thin Red Line”), Michael Emerson (“Lost”) and Taraji P. Henson (“Hustle & Flow”) team up in this crime action-drama from “The Dark Knight’s” Jonathan Nolan and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions (“Super 8,” “Fringe”). Set in New York City, with all of its multifaceted elements of justice (cops, criminals, corruption), this procedural centers on an ex-CIA agent, presumed dead, who partners with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes. The series will air Thursdays at 9/8c on CBS this fall.
• “Smallville”: Warner Bros. Television’s hit series “Smallville” recently concluded its 10th and final season on The CW, but fans can soon have all 218 episodes — plus five hours of newly added special features, including an all-new 90-minute retrospective — in their collection as Warner Home Video releases “Smallville: The Complete Series” on DVD this fall.
• “Mortal Kombat: Legacy”: This original live-action new media series from Warner Premiere and Warner Bros. Digital Distribution is directed by Kevin Tancharoen (“Fame”); stars Jeri Ryan (“Star Trek: Voyager”) as Sonya Blade, Michael Jai White (“The Dark Knight”) as Major Jackson “Jax” Briggs and Darren Shahlavi (“300”) as Kano; is based on the video game Mortal Kombat, created by Ed Boon; and takes gamers deep into the history of the warriors they know and love. “Mortal Kombat: Legacy” can be viewed on Machinima.com and will be available for download via iTunes, Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network starting July 18.
• “The Lord of the Rings: War in the North”: This is an intense, Action RPG video game for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC with an original story based on the renowned works of J.R.R. Tolkien. Up to three gamers can play together or perish as they form their own fellowship to defeat Sauron’s forces in the North of Middle-earth. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment invites Comic-Con fans to a special event at 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 23, at 5th Avenue and J Street in the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter. Fans can experience Middle-earth like never before and play the new The Lord of the Rings game months before its official release. Beginning on Wednesday, July 20, fans can text WITN to 82257 or log on to warinthenorth.com/comic-con for more details about the event.