Warner Bros. Technology (WBT) provides critical technology services and business intelligence to all Studio divisions. WBT brings together Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions Studio- and industry-wide.
From pre-production to archiving, WBT’s vast portfolio provides foundational and future-focused services that help Warner Bros. to:
- Develop and leverage the technologies and systems needed to run the company, and produce content across all current and emerging media platforms
- Understand global audiences through big data and actionable insights
- Rapidly distribute content worldwide, to all consumer channels and for all devices
- Preserve the Warner Bros. legacy and 90+ years of some of the most valuable intellectual property in the world
- Provide information security and data privacy for Warner Bros. business units and employees
- Empower employees through productivity tools and systems
- Engage consumers and partners with user friendly, intuitive apps and web destinations
- Drive change at Warner Bros. and in the industry through the development and implementation of new standards and technologies
WBT teams have delivered game-changing technology for more than 25 years, and the organization’s scope is continually evolving along with the technology and entertainment landscapes. WBT teams were a driving force behind the creation of the DVD and developed much of the patented technology that defines the format. The organization also developed the entertainment industry’s first digital supply chain, the Emmy Award-winning Digital End-to-End (DETE), which dramatically improved efficiency and accelerated content delivery.
WBT additionally collaborates with Time Warner’s Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) on hardware, software, and desktop services for Warner Bros. employees.