(September 5, 2019 – Burbank, CA) – Curated with memorable quotes from the series, fun “Friends”-themed frames, stickers, trivia, and scene-inspired recipes (think Monica’s break-up jam), there’s something for everyone as Warner Bros. Television Group continues to celebrate the 25th anniversary of “Friends” with a comprehensive new free “Friends 25” App. Download the app at https://friends25app.com. Incorporating Photo Booth filters (and even 3D Augmented Reality Filters), fans can add umbrellas and Marcel the monkey to their images, as well as framing them with custom labels or selecting from a list of hundreds of names using the signature F·R·I·E·N·D·S logo font. Could it be any more fun?
The free App is available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese, and is compatible with the iPhone (iOS 7 and above), iPad (6th generation), iPad Pro (3rd generation), in addition to Android phones. Fans can expect the following features:
- Augmented Reality: Fans can access fun interactive Augmented Reality (AR) Photo and Video 3D Filters. Like Joey, fans can try out Ichiban blue lipstick, or like Ross, put Marcel the monkey on their shoulder. And if you’ve got a group of friends, get together and the app will supply your very own “Friends” umbrellas!
- Trivia: “Friends” fans often quiz one another on the series, and now they can put their knowledge to the test with an interactive trivia game equipped with questions from every season. Audio clips from the show reveal correct and incorrect answers. Hint: “transponster” is not even a word.
- Photo Booth Stickers: Fans can add one or more stickers at a time to their photos or videos. Stickers include signature quotes and icons from the series, which can also be searched by fans’ favorite character. Sound cool? “I KNOW!”
- Names and Frames: Fans can surround their photos with a selection of custom frames, including the iconic Central Perk couch, or choose from hundreds of names in the F·R·I·E·N·D·S font. These also work in conjunction with the stickers.
- Wallpapers: Select from a huge library of fun “Friends” wallpapers that can be applied to devices.
- Cook with “Friends”: Hungry for Ross’s “Moist Maker,” Joey’s Meatball Subs, or Phoebe’s cookies? The “Friends” 25 App includes a recipe book filled with foods from some unforgettable on-screen moments.
Users can share their photos or videos on social media. And for fans that want an IRL experience, the App will also unlock special stickers at nearby AT&T Stores, LEGO® Stores, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Stores, and more.
For more information about the “Friends 25” App, please visit http://friends25app.com. The App is also available in Apple’s App Store and in the Google Play store.
view or embed the “Friends 25” App video, please click here: https://youtu.be/VBUTE-JWt7k.
Celebrating the 25th anniversary of its debut in 1994, “Friends” remains one of television’s most beloved series. One of the highest-rated shows on television in its original network run, the series still remains a perennial go-to in syndication and on streaming services, where it continues to be a smash hit worldwide. A favorite among critics and fans alike throughout its 10-season run, “Friends” not only won the Emmy® for Outstanding Comedy series, but also garnered Emmy® Awards for series stars Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow. From Warner Bros. Television, “Friends” follows the lives and loves of a close-knit group of friends living in New York City: siblings Ross (David Schwimmer) and Monica Geller (Courteney Cox), along with friends Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry), Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow), Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc) and Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston). “Friends” was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, who executive produced the series with Kevin Bright through Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
# # #