CONTAINMENT THREATENS INFECTIOUS FUN FOR SCORES OF CIVILIANS
WITH THRILLING INTERACTIVE INSTALLATION
@ SXSW 2016 MARCH 11–13
Featuring Two Different Scenarios Inspired by the Upcoming CW Series, the Immersive
Experience and Photo Op will Share Space with Legendary Digital Networks’
Nerdist, Geek & Sundry and Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls
Containment Premieres Tuesday, April 19th at 9/8c on The CW
BURBANK, Calif. (March 8, 2016) — It’s been said the spirit of SXSW can be infectious; now, an interactive installment inspired by the highly anticipated new series Containment (series premiere Tuesday, April 19 at 9/8c on The CW) will place fans directly into an outbreak, as part of a promotion for the new series from executive producer Julie Plec (The Originals, The Vampire Diaries), who will make an appearance.
The immersive Containment pop-up will take place March 11–13, 2016, in Austin, Texas, in the fully transformed Banger’s Sausage House and Beer Garden in Austin, sharing in the go90-sponsored space, along with Legendary Digital Networks’ Nerdist, Geek & Sundry and Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls.
Featuring a lifelike medical clinic by day, with attendants on hand to distribute wellness kits, the Containment experience will turn chaotic once night falls and the effects of the epidemic begin to run rampant. Not to fear — an “antidote” will be available to experience-goers, along with a great photo op to document the pandemonium.
- The interactive exhibit will take place at Banger’s Sausage House and Beer Garden (79 & 81 Rainey Street, Austin, 78701) on Friday and Saturday, March 11 and 12, from noon to 8pm, and Sunday, March 13, from noon until the clinic runs out of supplies.
- A SXSW badge will not be required to enter the installation, which is free to the public.
- Side effects may include exhilaration and a lust for life.
- When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection, but isolation, fear and the disintegration of society around them. As they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise.
- Containment stars David Gyasi (Interstellar), Christina Moses (How We Met), Chris Wood (The Vampire Diaries), Kristen Gutoskie (Breakout Kings), Claudia Black (The Originals), George Young (Grace [HBO Asia]), Hanna Mangan Lawrence (Spartacus: Vengeance) and Trevor St. John (One Life to Live). Based on the original Belgian series created by Carl Joos for Eyeworks, Containment was developed by Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals), who executive produces along with Matt Corman (Covert Affairs) and Chris Ord (Covert Affairs). David Nutter (The Flash, Arrow) executive produced the pilot episode.
- Containment premieres Tuesday, April 19, at 9/8c on The CW. Connect with the series on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CWContainment or on Twitter at @CWContainment.
# # #
# # #