- Warner Bros. Television Group announced today that it has signed a new exclusive overall deal with Emmy®-nominated “A Black Lady Sketch” show creator/executive producer/star Robin Thede. Thede and “A Black Lady Sketch Show” are currently nominated for Outstanding Variety Sketch Series for the upcoming 2020 Primetime Emmy® Awards.
- Per Studio practice, financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but WBTVG can confirm that it is an exclusive multi-year agreement. This marks the first deal for Thede with WBTVG and extends WarnerMedia’s long-standing relationship with the writer/producer/star.
- Under the terms of the pact, Thede will develop new television programming for all platforms: on-demand/streaming services (including WarnerMedia’s HBO Max), premium/pay and basic cable channels (including WarnerMedia’s HBO), and the broadcast networks.
- Prior to her deal with WBTVG, Thede created, executive produced, starred in and serves as showrunner/writer of HBO’s Emmy-nominated series “A Black Lady Sketch Show,” which was quickly renewed for a second season.
- In addition to “ABLSS,” Thede is currently writing the feature “Fashionably Black” for HBO Max with Christa Gatewood, produced by Michael B. Jordan’s Outlier Society.
- Most recently, Thede appeared in the fourth season of HBO’s “Insecure,” as well as in Justin Simien’s thriller “Bad Hair,” which debuted at Sundance and is set to release on Hulu October 23.
- Thede previously served as the creator, executive producer, showrunner, writer and star of the BET late-night talk show “The Rundown with Robin Thede.”
- She also served as the head writer and correspondent for Comedy Central’s “The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore,” and was head writer for the 2016 White House Correspondents’ Association dinner.
- Thede is repped by WME, Del Shaw Moonves and ID Public Relations.
# # #