WBHE and DCE to Release “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition” November 13, 2018
(August 9, 2018 – Burbank, CA) – Arthur Curry discovers his heroic roots, contends with diabolical foes and takes his place as Aquaman beside new “super” allegiances in the ultimate original story for everyone’s favorite underwater hero – now remastered for 4K presentation – in “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition.” Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, the feature-length DC Universe Movie arrives from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital starting November 13, 2018. Order due date is October 9, 2018.
“Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition” will be available on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack ($29.98 SRP), Blu-ray Combo Pack ($24.98) and Digital. All packages include an all-new featurette, “Aquaman: The New King,” as well as audio commentary by renowned former DC Editor and current Creative Director of Animation, Mike Carlin and screenwriter Heath Corson.
In “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition,” Cyborg discovers an imminent threat in the depths of the oceans so powerful that it rallies together the newly formed Justice League. Meanwhile, wandering thousands of feet above the ocean floor is drifter Arthur Curry, a man with strange powers who may be the last chance to bridge the ancient Atlantean world with our own. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of DC’s Justice League must band together as they face off against warmongering Orm, an army of sea creatures, otherworldly weapons and perilous odds. In this all-new epic adventure from the DC Universe, mankind’s only hope of escaping from the darkness lies with the guiding light of a man – Aquaman!
The celebrity laden cast features primetime television stars Matt Lanter (“Timeless,” “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” “90210”) as Aquaman, Sam Witwer (“Being Human,” “Smallville,” “Star Wars: Rebels”) as Orm, Jason O’Mara (“The Man in the High Castle”) as Batman, Christopher Gorham (“Insatiable,” “Two Broke Girls,” “Covert Affairs”) as Flash, Nathan Fillion (“The Rookie,” “Castle”) as Green Lantern, Shemar Moore (“S.W.A.T.,” “Criminal Minds”) as Cyborg, Rosario Dawson (“Sin City,” “Daredevil”) as Wonder Woman, Jerry O’Connell (“Real Men Watch Bravo,” “The Death of Superman”) as Superman, Sean Astin (“The Lord of the Rings Trilogy”) as Shazam, Sumalee Montano (“Scandal,” “Critical Role”) as Mera, Sirena Irwin (“Superman: Unbound”) as Queen Atlanna, and Harry Lennix (“Man of Steel,” “The Blacklist”) as Manta.
Director Ethan Spaulding (“Batman: Assault on Arkham,” “Son of Batman”) directs “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition” from a script by Heath Corson (“Justice League: War”). Executive producer is Sam Register and James Tucker (“Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay,” “Justice League Dark”) is supervising producer.
“‘Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition’ gives fans the opportunity to experience a sprawling, sensational Aquaman original story in fully remastered Ultra HD, complete with new bonus features,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing. “The addition of an all-new Aquaman featurette, and entertaining commentary from both Mike Carlin and Heath Corson, serves as a perfect table-setter for the upcoming theatrical release of the ‘Aquaman’ film.”
“Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition” contains two all-new bonus features, along with special features from the film’s original release:
- “Aquaman: The New King” (NEW featurette) – An immersive look at Arthur Curry’s evolution from guardian of the ocean to the King of Atlantis and key member of the Justice League.
- Audio Commentary (NEW) – Renowned former DC Editor and current Creative Director of Animation Mike Carlin, Creative Director of Animation, and Throne of Atlantis screenwriter Heath Corson share their insights into the legend of Aquaman.
- “Scoring Atlantis: The Sound of the Deep” (Featurette) - Every great film needs a great musical score. Filled with emotion, music takes us on a dynamic journey as we adventure with the hero. Throne of Atlantis takes us on that quest through the eyes of Arthur Curry.
- Robin and Nightwing Bonus Sequence – Producer James Tucker provides video commentary for this exciting bonus sequence where Robin and Nightwing join forces.
- Throne of Atlantis: 2014 New York Comic Con Panel – The entire, lively one-hour panel discussion between actor Matt Lanter, producer James Tucker, screenwriter Heath Corson, character designer Phil Bourassa and dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- “Villains of the Deep” (Featurette) – From Ocean Master to Black Manta to King Shark, each villain operates from his own deep sense of conviction, presenting an incredible challenge for the hero in Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman. This documentary goes into the biographical details of the villains.
- A Sneak Peek at “The Death of Superman” - The Death of Superman is widely considered one of the most popular stories in the Superman canon and the DCU. This sneak peek at the exciting new film discusses the story and its place in pop culture.
- A Sneak Peek at “Reign of the Supermen” - An exciting look at the new film which brings the epic and emotional story of a world without the Man of Steel to life.
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure!"
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, "Evil Under the Sea!"
- Aquaman, "Menace of The Black Manta" and "The Rampaging Reptile-Men"
- Justice League Unlimited, "Far from Home"
“Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition” will be supported by a national online, promotional, and publicity campaign.
“Justice League: Throne of Atlantis – Commemorative Edition” will be available to own on Digital November 13, 2018. Digital purchase allows consumers to instantly stream and download all episodes to watch anywhere and anytime on their favorite devices. Digital movies and TV shows are available from various digital retailers including Amazon Video, iTunes, Google Play, Vudu, and others. A Digital Copy is also included with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray & 4K Ultra HD discs for redemption and cloud storage.
Street Date: November 13, 2018
Order Due Date: October 9, 2018
Run Time: 75 minutes
Blu-ray Combo Price: $24.98 SRP
Catalog #: 1000711926 / 883929635085
4K UHD Combo Price: $29.98 SRP
Catalog #: 1000723818 / 883929645091
About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc.
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.
About Warner Bros. Animation
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, producing and developing projects for multiple platforms, both domestically and internationally. WBA’s highly anticipated full-length theatrical film, “Teen Titans GO! to the Movies,” will be released on July 27, 2018. WBA’s TV series include “Justice League Action,” “Teen Titans Go!,” “Unikitty!” and the upcoming “DC Super Hero Girls” and “ThunderCats Roar” for Cartoon Network; “Be Cool Scooby-Doo!,” “Bunnicula,” “Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz,” “The Tom and Jerry Show,” “New Looney Tunes,” “Wacky Races” and the upcoming “Scooby-Doo! and Guess Who?” and “Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs” for Boomerang; “Mike Tyson Mysteries” for Adult Swim; “Green Eggs and Ham” for Netflix; “Harley Quinn” and “Young Justice: Outsiders” for the upcoming DC Universe digital service; “Animaniacs” for Hulu; and the upcoming “Looney Tunes Cartoons” content initiative. As home to the iconic animated characters from the DC, Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Looney Tunes libraries, WBA also produces highly successful animated films — including the DC Universe Animated Original Movies — for DVD, Blu-ray and digital media. One of the most-honored animation studios in history, WBA has won six Academy Awards, 35 Emmy Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents’ Choice Award, the HUMANITAS Prize, two Prism Awards and 20 Annie Awards (honoring excellence in animation).
# # #